Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Picture Time!


So here are some pics of what we have been up to lately. Nothing super exciting, but I thought I would go ahead post them. I kinda consider this like scrap book, so I feel like I'm "documenting" things. Things that aren't super important, but I have pictures of them... so they are getting posted!

I have continued to be obsessed with spray painting things. My new found love, is spray painting glass. I had gotten these gobblets at a Christmas gift exchange party like 3 years ago. And I was thinking about tossing them recently, because I wasn't loving them where I had put them. And then it came to me.... what if i could paint them?! So then it began. They were actually kinda a pain to paint, the spray paint dripped really bad on one (I then realized that they shouldn't be standing up right when i spray them..haha!) Added this amazing gold finish to them (that I am also obsessed with). And there ya go! Totally changed their whole look, and I love them now. I put them in our guest  bath and definitely loving it them! Thank you spray paint!


So my sisters ordered some cases for the phones a few weeks ago. We order from Amazon, so you can find some as cheap as $1.00 sometimes. Which is awesome! So my sister Shasta ordered one of these except it is pink cheetah print. And oh my... I was in love. I instantly got on amazon and found this beauty. I have also been obsessed with cheetah print lately. Anything I see that is cheetah print.. i instantly want. I am always looking for cheetah high heels. Haven't found them yet. I found a cheetah vest at Goodwill not to long ago for $3 which I love. I've been wanting to add some cheetah accents to my house... like some throw pillows, but haven't found any that I like yet. Anyways.... as you can tell.... OBSESSED! So... you can sense my excitement when I found this on amazon. This is like my 4th case I have ordered for my phone.. and this is by far my favorite. Thanks Shasta for finding hers... which lead me to mine.. and thank you Amazon for selling it pretty dang cheap.

 So a few weeks ago Josh I and were on our way home from hanging out with friends. It was pretty late, and he turned to me and asked if I wanted a milkshake. When I answered sure...and as I am about to ask where he wants to get one (what place is still open??) He turns in to the QT right by our house. I was like what?? A milkshake at a gas station... no thanks! Josh tells me that his buddy from work had him try one and they are really good! I was very doubtful... I'm not one to buy much at gas station when it comes to food... besides snacks and drinks. Never thought I would buy a milkshake from a gas station. Well we went it and they have tons of flavors! I'm all about orea blizzards... super thick and chunky. When you buy this milkshake, you kinda make it yourself which is kinda cool. So Josh got a strawberry and I chose cookies n cream. It was good.... but it wasn't as thick and chunky as i like it. But.... Josh's strawberry was to die for! Oh my goodness so yummy! I know it's weird, but I def recommend these!! Super yummy!!
 So i have been trying to try atleast one new recipe a week. Well... I'm not doing it every week, but still pretty often. Thank you pinterest.... I have found the last few new recipes on there, and they have been super yummy! So this one is the picture from pinterest... there's no way Josh and I could eat all this chicken. But this recipe was sooo yummy! I'm not in to meat wrapped in meat... but when I found the recipe, I totally had all the ingredients (which there weren't that many.... love that). So we tried it, and definitely a winner! You cover this in cream of chicken soup and a few other things. So good!
 This one is my picture, and it looks like this on pinterest. This one was very simple... and very yummy too!! I love easy recipes!!
 So this is what happens when you have a bunch of older sisters.... that give the younger sisters their hand me downs. Shasta had given Savanna her skirt... and I had gotten mine from Andrea. We showed up at my parents and had a good laugh. Love hand me downs!
 So the night before school started back up for me, Josh came up with these sweet flowers as a "good luck" with the first day of school. So sweet. We are almost done with our first whole week of school, and its going great. I'm seriously loving my sweet class! I'm excited for the year!
 So for Josh's birthday I had got him tickets to see in concert Kelly Clarkson and The Fray. The opening act was Carolina Liars... which i love there songs too. It was probably the best concert we have been too!! And we've been to our share of concerts. The last concert we went to was John Mayor, and Josh looooved him! Anyways, i wasn't familiar with alot of the Fray's songs, but I am in love. They were so awesome! So was Kelly Clarkson!! We grabbed yummy Firehouse subs for dinner, and had a great time at the concert. We randomly sat right next to some old friends from highschool. Crazy!
 Last weekend, Josh's family decided to go to the D-backs game. We went to one back at the beginning of the summer. It was a dang good time. We ended up losing by 1 point, but it was still a great game. They had the roof closed in the field(obviously with this 112+ heat). So it felt so nice in there. We had a great time!
 This is what I walk in to when Josh comes home. He comes home... I finish getting dinner ready... and very often I walk in to our family room and find him like this.
 So back in July we went with Josh's work to go see The Dark Knight Rises. We went to dinner with a few friends before.. and then went and saw the movie. Great movie! Very dark, very intense. It was weird seeing it right after the shooting happened. So sad. That Friday morning when I found out what happened in Colorado the night before, I just felt sick that day. So so sad. But.... we did enjoy the movie. And Josh now wants to be Bain for Halloween. He wanted to be Thor after he saw that movie, and now he is determined to be Bain. We shall see!ha!

 That's pretty much it for now. Josh ends work this weekend... so excited! It's been a good summer, but I'm excited for him to be done working out in the heat all day. Can't wait for this weather to cool down! Can't come soon enough!! Farewell for now!!




No comments:

Post a Comment