Monday, September 21, 2009

Decorating Time!

So after being at our apartment for about 9 months... we finally got some decorating done. Before we had up 1 wedding picture, and 2 signs.....and that was it. I also learned that Josh is a super perfectionist when it comes to putting stuff on the walls... so he's got to measure every angle possible, so it's perfectly equal. And this is great so things don't look crooked on our walls. So..... I had 2 gift cards to the amazing Hobby Lobby.... so shopping I went. (Josh did actually come with me to) and it was lovely! I also went to Ross that same day and picked up a few little things there! Super cheap!

The next few days after that, I was talking to my mother-in-law and found out that she had never been to Hobby Lobby. And If you've seen her house, this is very surprising because her house is decorated AMAZING!!!! So.... we met up one night at Hobby Lobby to experience the amazing! We were supposed to only window shop, but my sweet mother-in-law ended up buying us some more decorations.... to go above our cabinets in our kitchen. Then she came back to our place after wards and helped put it all together. It looks amazing. The first 3 pics are some of the things she bought us. Thanks again mom! We love it!

The next thing I want to work on is our bathroom. And I decided that when we get a bigger place...with 2 bathrooms... I want our second bathroom to be all PARIS stuff. I wanna do it with black/white and pink! We still have a few pics to hang up, but now our walls aren't so bare. Which means yeah!!!!



I love this sign... thanks to my sweet mother-in-law



This is the cutest little trunk!


I got this at Ross for $10... to go in our little "laundry room"...(it's not really a laundry room.. it's more like the "area" where our washer and dryer are... next to the bathroom..haha!)


This I got from my Bridal shower, this was one of the signs we already had it up. I love it tho!

Ross....$5! And it is a true statement.haha!

We got the shelf and candle sticks at Hobby Lobby! Put it above our TV. I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Kylee....you are so cute! And have a cute little house! I love that quote board you got at your shower. lol. That made me laugh so hard! When Nik and I move down to AZ I will need your help. I don't know how to decorate all cute. I can put pics up on the wall but that is it. tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so fun kylee! ya we did that couple of weeks ago. I LOVE decorating my house. I'm glad you do too! Be sure to let me know if you get any good ideas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hobby lobby! I'm addicted! You should check out my decor blog (valentinedecor.blogspot.com) and I can totally make some stuff for you to put in your house that's super cute. I a few good ideas for a "paris" themed bathroom. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete